Business Analyst, Trade Marketing
Sales and Related
New Albany, OH
August 15, 2018
The Business Analyst, Trade Marketing role is to provide strategic direction for the Bob Evans Retail Business Development team through data analytics, resulting in increased sales velocity for the Retail Channel.
- Work collaboratively to maintain database for customers, products, sales volume and promotional activity.
- Design, scope and build innovative solutions that automate business systems.
- Collect, manage and analyze data from multiple reporting tools.
- Quantify results of strategic and tactical objectives to drive decisions based on data.
- Support Business Development Managers delivering specific objectives and system support.
- Cross functional collaboration with Sales, IT and business systems to directly impact sales.
- Create and deliver reporting for business initiatives with Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Demand Planning departments.
- Maintain critical business systems, respond to issues and incidents and provide daily administration.
- Convert data into insights and executable sales plans.
- Track customer product progress towards yearly goals and executional framework targets.
- Produce standardized data reports and customer/item specific custom analysis
- Build market analysis reports to detail a variety of conditions in the market to deliver to management. These reports provide management with options for various market conditions.
- Lead initiatives to identify, report, and provide recommendations for executing on opportunities to improve business practices.
- Prepare relevant correspondence to internal and external customers to deliver high level customer service.
- Use the latest tools for business and technical processes; draw from experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE TYPICALLY REQUIRED
- 3-5 years’ experience in business analytics, sales or financial analysis, preferably with a consumer packaged goods organization.
- BS degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Finance or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Highly developed analytical and technical skills.
- Experience with Oracle EBS preferred.
- Demantra Predictive Trade Planning experience preferred.
- Experience working in Visual Basic and Access strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with IRI/Nielsen/syndicated data, Consumer Panel data.
- Effective time management skills, ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities and plan.
- Strong communication, collaboration, influence and impact skills at all levels within an organization.
- Leverage Excel experience to improve business analyses and improve speed to insight.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently in the absence of direct supervision
- Ability to utilize data to create compelling selling stories that support key brands/initiatives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.