Fleet/Transportation Mgr.- Integrated Logistics
April 20, 2018
This position is responsible for the management of relationships with our third party carriers, brokers, and external freight customers. Objectives for this role include driving out contract carrier expenses, increasing profitability within our backhaul and freight forwarding programs, and delivering unparalleled customer service.
- Carries supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Prioritizes transportation requests from customers, supervises the scheduling of driver assignments, and dispatches drivers and vehicles. Operates as a subject matter expert for the Oracle Transportation Management module, and heavily involved in matters surrounding Receivables.
- Secures backhaul and freight forwarded orders by building customer relationships in order to generate revenue and maximize the efficiency of scheduled runs.
- Updates mileage, usage, transportation, vehicle, and other related reports and records. Identifies possible reporting gaps and works with business analysts to create new reports to track key metrics.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of a reporting platform for supplier performance and customer profitability.
- Analyzes customer needs and makes recommendations for developing, implementing, improving, and expanding transportation services, programs, and policies.
- Determines equipment and staffing requirements for daily operational needs. Performs short and long-range transportation system planning.
- Implements cost-saving measures by working closely with drivers, dispatchers, and software. Must embrace cross functionality of initiatives that would also include Finance, Logistics, Sales, and suppliers.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide impeccable customer service.
- Enforces city and state policies, rules, and regulations pertaining to the transportation program. Stays abreast of Federal, State, and Municipal laws and regulations, collective bargaining agreements, and company work rules pertaining to operations of trucking equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be customer service oriented
- Strong knowledge of Department of Transportation laws and regulations
- Must have base knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Associates’ degree preferred in Transportation, Logistics, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years-experience in a supervisory role.
- Prior experience with an integrated TMS preferred
- Federal, state, and local guidelines, regulations, and programs relating to transit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job requires roughly 20% travel.