Logistics Analyst – Supply Chain
August 11, 2017
This position will support manufacturing, scheduling, logistics, and transportation to tighten ship accuracy and fill rates while reducing back end expense associated with the distribution and transportation of our finished goods and raw materials. The position will be required to utilize analytical skills, coupled with manufacturing and inventory process knowledge to plan and execute inventory transfer transactions. Communication and training skills will need to be used to support the adaptation from our current processes to the desired future state efficiencies.
- Utilize Oracle Order Management, Inventory, and Advanced Supply Chain Planning (ASCP) modules to create internal requisitions, internal sales orders, and release deliveries across the Bob Evans Foods inventory network.
- Work with Oracle EBS process owners to refine planning tools and optimize the scheduling process within the various end to end supply chain workflows.
- Understand and manage lot-controlled and perishable inventories.
- Work with production schedulers and material planners to ensure planning tools are providing accurate and timely information.
- Work with warehouse logistics leaders to ensure inventory levels and turns align production schedules with plant capacity and optimize manufacturing efficiency while balancing end to end business requirements and processes within the supply chain.
- Serve as a backup for warehouse logistics leaders.
- Understand the Bob Evans third party distributor network, as well as the Bob Evans Transportation department and their brokered carriers.
- Trains users on Oracle applications within the modules pertinent to distribution.
- Track and present all key performance indicators (KPIs).
- All other job duties as assigned.
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, Power Point, Micro Strategy, and Excel) and an understanding of technology opportunities
- Experience with Oracle or AS400 applications and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) preferred
- Understanding the use of statistical tools and analysis
- Strong mathematics competency
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in any of the following fields: Math, Statistics, Business, Supply Chain, Economics or 3-5 years experience in logistics-related field
- Experience with statistics and modeling tools
- Willingness to learn a complex modeling tool aligned with manufacturing business process.
- Interested in helping with the design and implementation of future Oracle modules associated with transportation and sales order management
- Would like some, but not mandatory, experience with a manufacturing company or equivalent experience, preferably in food processing, in a Planning/Scheduling role.
- Thorough knowledge of business process and an understanding of the varied inputs that go into the development of sales forecasts, production schedules, and transportation schedules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel is required with an estimated travel time of 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.