Kitchen Preparation- Bob Evans Restaurants
Back of House
June 18, 2017
Bob Evans takes pride in hiring only the BEST talent in order to serve our guests. Your role will be critical in executing our founders’ heartfelt philosophy of, “Treat strangers like friends and friends like family.”
Statement of Purpose
Responsible for the daily preparation of food items (i.e. weighting the chicken strips for salads and putting them into bags, chopping vegetables, making salads, and putting together entrees.). Ensures companies’ expectations on the plate presentations are met.
- Follows recipe and storyboards to prepare and cook meats, fish, poultry, gravies, soups, vegetables, and other foods according to proper preparation methods. This involves cutting, broil, sauté, and frying.
- Practices safe food handling and clean up at all times. Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls, oven, and refrigeration equipment.
- Maintains high standards of personal grooming. Washes hands before and after each task. Wears gloves to prevent bare hand contact. Promptly changes apron if it becomes dirty.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for unpacking and organizing received goods in a timely manner. Meets established guidelines for callbacks and desserts.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to management
- Has strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Must maintain a high degree of pace and intensity for an extended period of time, have strong menu knowledge, and have ability to accurately read, organize, and coordinate tickets
0-2 years related experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 60 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read.
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including selling floor(s), stock area, and register area.
Bob Evans Restaurants is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.
Bob Evans participates in E-Verify