October 29, 2015
Driver REPORTS TO: Transportation Manager LOCATION:
Sunnyvale, TX DATE REVISED:
June 5, 2012
Statement of Purpose
This position is responsible for transporting product from one specific destination to another.
- Loads and unloads via pallet jacks and/or fork trucks.
- Delivers and unloads product via customer requirements at each location.
- Maintains daily, weekly logs and reports required by State, Federal Agencies, and Company.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate Mathematical skills: Add, Subtract. Multiply, Divide
- Ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Problems solving skills involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Warehouse experience with refrigerated freight a plus
- Must possess a class “A” CDL with two year over the road experience
- Clear driving record
- Must pass drug screen and DOT physical
- Must have ability to lift 50-75 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
BEF foods, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.